Police Blotter

42 Precinct

Tuesday, March 27 at 2:45 p.m. — Cops received a report of a robbery in front of 1301 Southern Boulevard. An 18-year-old victim was approached by an unknown man who engaged him a verbal dispute which became a physically violent altercation.

The victim was punched several times to the face and head, which caused bruising and pain. The thief made off with the victim’s headphones and jacket as he fled the location.

The victim wasn’t seriously injured and he refused medical attention at the scene. The estimated amount of property taken was about $500.

43 Precinct

Tuesday, February 26 at 1:30 a.m. — Police received a report of a robbery at a 23-year-old woman’s door inside a hotel at 1440 Sheridan Avenue.

Once the door was answered, three people rushed inside, kicking and punching the victim. They then took her cellular phone and fled the location. The victim was taken to the hospital by private means.

45 Precinct

Saturday, March 24 at 2:00 p.m. — A forcible touching incident was reported to police as having taken place aboard an IRT #6 train at the Buhre Avenue station. An unidentified man approached a 28-year-old woman as she was waiting for the train, and grabbed her buttocks. The man then fled on a train. The victim got help from a station booth clerk and called 911 to report the incident.

48 Precinct

Monday, March 19 at 5:05 a.m. — Police responded to a 911 call concerning a car collision involving two hit pedestrians in front of 4419 3rd Avenue. When they arrived on the scene, they found a 27-year-old pedestrian lying in the roadway with major trauma to his head and body, as well as 24-year-old with an injury to his left ankle. The 27-year-old man was pronounced dead on the scene. The 24-year-old man was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where he was in stable condition after being hit. A preliminary investigation found that they were struck by a 2017 BMW which also hit a parked car and side-swiped another car traveling on the street. After the accident, the driver of the BMW abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.

More from Around NYC