A suspect has been arrested for his alleged role in a fatal Sweet 16 shooting.
According to the 49th Precinct, Kameron Wallace, 19, of 755 White Plains Road, was arrested on Wednesday, January 31 at 1 a.m. for his connection with a double shooting that occurred outside a Bronx catering hall last December that left one party-goer dead.
Wallace has been charged with murder in the second degree, attempted murder in the second degree, manslaughter in the first degree, assault in the first degree, two counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, criminal possession of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
As previously reported, the 49th Precinct responded to a call of a male shot on Thursday, December 28 at 12:30 a.m. at Bronxdale Avenue and Kinsella Street.
Upon arrival, police discovered two teenage males with gunshot wounds on the sidewalk in front of Maestro’s Caterers at 1703 Bronxdale Avenue.
The first victim, Sincear Williams, a 16-year-old Clason Point resident, sustained a gunshot wound to his neck and was found unconscious and unresponsive at the scene.
EMS transported Williams to Jacobi Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
The second victim, an unidentified 17-year-old, suffered a gunshot wound to his left arm and was transported to Jacobi Hospital in stable condition.
According to published reports, the Sweet 16 party had just concluded at the popular catering hall when a fight broke out.
As stated in the complaint report, witnesses observed Wallace shooting at Williams and the 17-year-old male with a loaded firearm.
Williams and the 17-year-old male were invited guests, however Wallace allegedly crashed the party.
Wallace then allegedly got into an argument with the 17-year-old victim before shooting him and Williams.
A Bronx District Attorney Office spokeswoman stated that Wallace was remanded following his arraignment on Wednesday, January 31 at Bronx County Criminal Court.
He returned to court on Monday, February 5 with his attorney Michael Nedick.
Judge George Villegas is presiding over the case which is being prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Karl Miller with the Homicide Bureau.
A follow-up hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, February 20.
“Maestro’s Caterers is a family owned business which has been a part of the Bronx community for many years and has hosted many Sweet 16 parties and nothing of this nature has ever occurred,” a Maestro’s Caterers spokesman reiterated.
Maestro’s expressed its condolences to the victims’ families and has been fully cooperative throughout the investigation.
“Anyone who fires into a crowd of people has no regard for human life or any type of moral compass,” said Joseph Thompson, 49th Precinct Community Council president. “Having him off the streets is a positive outcome and hopefully this will serve as an important lesson to everyone that violence is never the answer.”
Thompson added that Maestro’s is a community-minded business that sponsors the yearly 49th Precinct Community Leaders Awards, has donated turkeys for the 49th Precinct Community Council’s holiday food drive every year and regularly dontates to the Morris Park holiday lights.
“I’m glad that the individual responsible for murdering Sincear Williams and for injuring the 17-year-old male has been arrested and hopefully this will bring closure to both families impacted by this tragedy,” said Councilman Mark Gjonaj.
“Maestro’s has always been a safe and enjoyable venue and this incident in no way tarnishes its reputation nor should it,” he added.