The Bronx will lend its full support to breast cancer survivors in several boroughwide events.
Lincoln Hospital hosts its Breast Cancer Awareness Month Fair on Friday, October 12 from noon to 2 p.m. at 234 E. 149th Street.
Lincoln also offers mammogram, pap smear and colorectal screenings on Saturday, October 13 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on 1st Floor, Room 1A2. For information, contact (718) 579-5550.
St. Barnabas Hospital’s Mobile Mammography Unit provides comprehensive breast education, on-site mammography for women 40-years-old and over, diagnostic follow-up services, free mammograms for uninsured women and accepts most types of health insurance.
It’s scheduled as follows:
• Friday, October 12, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 25 E. 183rd Street
• Saturday, October 13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 4056 B White Plains Road
• Monday, October 15, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 1260 Franklin Avenue
• Tuesdays, October 16 and 30, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 260 E. 188th Street
• Wednesday, October 17 and Monday, October 29, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 326 E. 149th Street
• Thursday, October 18, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 600 Webster Avenue
• Friday, October 19, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 1 Halleck Street
• Monday, October 22, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 1211 White Plains Road
• Tuesday, October 23, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 250 Bedford Park Boulevard
• Wednesday, October 24, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 2400 Halsey Street
• Thursday, October 25, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 774 Tremont Avenue
• Friday, October 26, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 114 E. 188th Street
• Wednesday, October 31, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2021 Grand Concourse
For information, contact (718) 960-3931.
Montefiore Einstein Center for Cancer Care’s 11th annual Edward S. Greenwald, MD Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Event is Saturday, October 13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 1695 Eastchester Road.
All breast exams and pap smears are free for uninsured and underinsured participants.
Free gift bags and metro cards will be provided at the event. Registration is encouraged by contacting (718) 405-8076.
BOLD Beauty Day is scheduled for Thursday, October 18 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at 1521 Jarrett Place, 2nd Floor Conference Rooms.
All cancer patients will enjoy an afternoon of beauty and relaxtion featuring arts and crafts, henna, hair and make-up.
For information, contact (718) 430-2380 or cance
Beth Abraham Center’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month fundraiser is Wednesday, October 17 from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 612 Allerton Avenue.
Half of the proceeds go toward the Susan G. Komen Fund while the other half funds Beth Abraham Center Women’s Club.
For information, contact Chandel Stallworth, director of recreation, at (718) 519-4125 or CStal
The 16th annual American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of the Bronx Walk makes tracks Sunday, October 21 at 9:30 a.m. at Orchard Beach. Check-in for the walk begins at 8 a.m. at 1 Orchard Beach Road.
The three-mile fundraising walk raises awareness, funds research, celebrates survivors and honors lost loved ones.
To register, visit www.makin
American Italian Cancer Foundation’s Mobile Care Clinic offers free digital mammograms and clinical breast exams on Saturday, October 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3080 White Plains Road and Monday, October 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 2310 Eastchester Road.
Women 40-years-old and over residing in NYC who haven’t had a mammogram in the past year are eligible.
No co-pays required, deductibles are waived and uninsured patients are welcomed. For an appointment, contact (877) 628-9090.
CrossFit SoBro-The Bronx Box’s annual ‘Barbells for Boobs’ fundraiser is held on Saturday, October 27 at 11 a.m. at 229 Bruckner Boulevard.All proceeds go to B4B, a non-profit organization dedicated to the early detection of breast cancer for women under 40 and men.
For information, contact (917) 801-1122 or info@