The 33rd annual Bronx Puerto Rican Day Parade was held on Sunday, September 22 along the Grand Concourse from East 164th to East 173rd streets. The event was hosted by Artie and sponsored by Ridgewood Savings Bank, MetroPlus, Bronx Care, Urban Health and Teddy Cars. Darlene Rodriguez, co-anchor of WNBC’s Today in New York, was a special guest.
(1) Urban Health float with parade godmother Paloma Hernandez, wearing the white sash.
(2) New parade chairwoman Alex Tirado with Councilman Mark Gjonaj.
(3) Nya, second princess of the parade, waves a Puerto Rican flag on a float.
(4) National Gold Star mother (l) Emily Toro and parade board member Gloria Rodriguez.
(5) Brianna Fernandez, 2019 concursante.
(6) (l-r) Senior parade queen Cookie, parade vice president Luis Alonso and parade board member Gloria Rodriguez.
(7) Ribbon-cutting ceremony beforehand with parade board member Gloria Rodriguez, singer Candela, Councilwoman Vanessa Gibson, parade godmother Paloma Hernandez, Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark, parade grand marshal Jose Luis Cruz, new parade chairwoman Alexa Tirado, new parade president Maribel Mercado and others.
(8) The parade’s past royal court queens and princesses, including Michelle Pinto, Rosemary Colon, Rebecca Carrion, Kaitlyn Diaz, Ciara Aviles, Marisabel Soto, Jade Rivera and Bernice Torres.
(9) Young boy plays the drums at the parade.
(10) Officer of the year Nilda Hoffman.
(11) The Ancers Dreamzzz group.
(12) Parents of the Ancers Dreamzzz group.
(13) Bronx LGBT Expo CEO Albert Rodriguez, Fabio Sardo, Steven Lamar Monroe, founder Jose Ramon, Luis Torres and GNote Entertainment brand ambassador Egypt LaBeija hold a banner displaying Puerto Rico pride, allies and new pride flags.
(14) Spunky Kids Entertainment group.