The Bronx Brewery is the place to be this summer.
Kicking off the warm weather with an Opening Day in late April, the brewery served over 1,000 people in the eight-hour bender.
That’s just the beginning of the festivities, though. In the spirit of a long awaited summer, a new ale is going on tap in June. Called a Lemoncello Milkshake IPL, this imported pale lager is made in collaboration with Baldor Specialty Foods, the first collaboration of its kind.
As part of the brewery’s continuing ‘B-Track’ beer series, Baldor has been providing exotic and seasonal ingredients for the brewery to experiment with in a way that’s seen great success when launched in early April. For this Lemoncello limited-run brew, Baldor has provided lemons to the brewery, but not for lemonade.
The brewery also began its series of movie nights on Thursday May, 17, showing ‘A Bronx Tale’ in its backyard on a massive 180-inch projection screen.
Bronx Brewery will be showing a movie the third week of each month over the summer, the next dates will be: June 20, July, 19, and August 16, and September 20.
Coming on May 19 is ‘Brew You Yoga.’ In what the Brewery called “mashing up the ingredients within us,” this event starts as an hour of meditation and yoga followed by diligent meditation over a flight of four beers.
Also making it’s return this summer will be ‘Open Mic Night.’
It’s an intimate evening with artists of several types that come by to showcase their diverse creativity.
Past lineups have included: La Bruja (BX Powerhouse) who anchored as headliner and host, performing along with Global Salsa singer Don Sonero. The duo also did several improvised pieces. This will be at the end of July on the 25th with another in the fall on November 14.
It wouldn’t be the biggest party in the borough without some music either.
Throughout the summer the brewery is going to have some musically-themed days and nights, such as:
• South Bronx Saturdays: Top 40 music will be spun by DJs all day, each Saturday this summer.
• Reggae & Hip-Hop Fridays: Each Friday night this summer will feature the Rastafarian sound with some fresh beats as well.
• Bembe In The Bronx (Latin Night): This sauvé salsa themed night of dancing will be held on the last Thursday of each Month through October.
• Throwback Thursday: Playing the nostalgic sounds of many an adolescence, this retro sound comes to the Brewery on the second Thursday of each month.
• Beermosa Brunch Sundays: In collaboration with Chef Tony Mazzella, brunch will be served on select Sundays throughout the Summer season in the brewery’s backyard. It features the brewery’s (and likely your) first beermosa’s ever made.
The complete list can be found online at the Bronx Brewery’s website.
The end of September will bring the Bronx Brewery’s second annual Oktoberfest celebration where beer, pretzels and much more will be in very high demand.
Without going into explicit detail, the Bronx Brewery also confirmed the return of a major summer events series that packs the house to the brim with brews, food, and great times as well.
©2018 Community News Group